Single room B&B Hay-on -Wye / Builth

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
johnnyhamster

Single room B&B Hay-on -Wye / Builth

Post by johnnyhamster »

Hi
Any recommendations for B&B / Bunkhouse / Pub in vicinity of Hay on Wye, Builth Wells or west thereof ? Thanks
Richard Fairhurst

Re: Single room B&B Hay-on -Wye / Builth

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

Trericket is good, a few miles south of Builth - http://www.trericket.co.uk/
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides
johnnyhamster

Post by johnnyhamster »

Trericket booked, thanks.
Jon Lucas

Post by Jon Lucas »

Trericket is run by good friends of mine, so do give Nicky and Alistair my regards when you stay there.

Incidentally, they have been looking at selling the property for some time, so if anyone is interested in running a b&b, bunkhouse, eco-cabins and camping business in a lovely setting, do contact them.
johnnyhamster

Post by johnnyhamster »

Jon Lucas - I had a lovely overnight stay at Trericket Mill and did indeed pass on your regards. Alistair went off to fetch a book with your picture on the cover :-)
Jon Lucas

Post by Jon Lucas »

johnnyhamster wrote:Jon Lucas - I had a lovely overnight stay at Trericket Mill and did indeed pass on your regards. Alistair went off to fetch a book with your picture on the cover :-)

Ah, that book! :o

Have they had any luck finding a buyer for the place, or have they given up trying to sell?
johnnyhamster

Post by johnnyhamster »

Nicky said the mill had only been advertised for a few weeks and there was no great rush. It's a great building , obviously a lot of work gone into it.

Anyway, had a great three days out and about - rode Abergavenny to Hay-onWye over the Gospel Pass, then on to Dolgoch Hostel where I was sole occupant. Then back to Abergavenny and over the pass again. NCN42 and NCN8 played a major part. Lovely part of the UK and I was blessed with near perfect cycling weather.

Gospel Pass was easily highlight of the year, especially the virtually traffic free descent on a clear sunny day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiZW_u5 ... e=youtu.be