touring around france

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
kurty7

touring around france

Post by kurty7 »

hi all

i am touring around france from the 13th june for 3 weeks from st malo over to lyon and was wondering if anyone else was in france at that time to meet up or can offer me any advice on all things touring as this is my first time touring.

many thanks
freewheel7

Re: touring around france

Post by freewheel7 »

Hi,

I have 2 weeks free from 13th June and was intending touring through France, either heading south or doing a coastal Brittany trip (nothing definite planned yet).

Let me know how many miles you plan on doing each day, bike load etc and whether you prefer camping, hotels, or mixing it up. Maybe we can sort something out :)

cheers
Stuart
kurty7

Post by kurty7 »

Hi Stuart

Im going to be camping and using hotels. from st malo i will be heading down towards Bordeaux then over to vontoux to do the 3 times up it in 24 hours, after that up to alps.

looking to do around 100km a day but that can change day by day,im still planning what stuff to take etc etc

kurt.
freewheel7

Post by freewheel7 »

Sounds good, 100km or thereabouts is fine with me. Obviously I only have the 2 weeks, so I would not be able to go all the way to Mont Ventoux, but could accompany you on a fair bit.

Had any thoughts on a route yet? Might be best to continue this convo by email - stuart8reid@gmail.com

cheers
kurty7

Post by kurty7 »

Hi I've sent you a email.

Cheers Kurt