Nigg/Cromarty ferry

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
ambodach

Nigg/Cromarty ferry

Post by ambodach »

For anyone going north if Inverness note the Nigg/Cromarty ferry will not be running this summer.
bikepacker

Re: Nigg/Cromarty ferry

Post by bikepacker »

Is it anything to do with a slipway dispute on the Nigg side? Last year I was talking to the guy who owned the slipway and he was complaining about no payment from the ferry operators.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
ambodach

Post by ambodach »

This came from Radio Highland and only said the operator had not produced a suitable tender. They were trying to find another operator but a bit late for this season. Highland Council already run Corran ferry which causes them a lot of grief so they would not be keen to take on this. Bikes and passengers are free but a car is now over £8.00 I think and locals complain that it as very expensive. Since my OH has a Blue Badge we travel free anyway.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

http://www.cromarty-ferry.co.uk/ wrote:
We regret to advise that the Cromarty Ferry Company is unable to operate the Cromarty to Nigg ferry service this season.
We have recently been advised that the ferry berth in Cromarty harbour has been condemned and is now closed.

As there is no other suitable berth in the harbour, or in the rest of the firth, we very much regret that we are unable to continue operating.

Thank you all for your help and support over the years.

Tom Henderson