Short cycle tour to get my reluctant partner into cycling!

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
iandriver

Re: Short cycle tour to get my reluctant partner into cyclin

Post by iandriver »

I don't know which part of Norfolk you are in, but if you are withing striking distance of the train, riding to or back from Ipswich is a fantastic weekend, using the train one way.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

elioelio although I can't offer any route advice I can offer you all my respect for being so thoughtful towards your partner. I hope you have a wonderful time...b
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

syklist wrote:Occasionally, when I read a post like this, I wonder if our plan to cycle from Gol to Trondheim (and then some more) this summer, toddler in tow in a trailer, is a tadge ambitious. So I go through the proposed route in my head once again and wonder, briefly, if gravel tracks, 800m climbs and 50km days really are that much worse with a trailer behind your bike than on a solo bike.

It is probably best to not think about it until we get there :D

Think instead on all the families who will do long road trips with a toddler sat in a car seat for hours every day. And be grateful for fresh air and mountain roads, and your ability to pull the trailer up there.

Your son will have a much better experience than the ones stuck in cars to drive halfway across Europe for their summer holidays
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
durhambiker

Post by durhambiker »

My wife was a reluctant touring biker.I love it.if we b And b I just about get away with it.I carry the camping gear which is rarely used.and her gear.(love ).we have now cycled Holland.Eire.Hebrides.uists Skye etc.Danube from passau to Vienna.to be honest she is still reluctant.and I'm knackered! Not sure what the motto is from that!