Handlebar bag

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Polite

Handlebar bag

Post by Polite »

I'm after a smallish sized bag (phone, wallet, multi tool, snacks) for the handlebar. I'd prefer something that attaches with straps, something waterproof and durable. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
MartinBrice

Re: Handlebar bag

Post by MartinBrice »

ortleib is the most expensive. you will probably save twenty quid by going for another brand. this is a decision you will regret for many years. ortleib is bombproof waterproof, well made, lasrs for decades and has brilliant replaceable map cases.
rfryer

Post by rfryer »

Here's one I made earlier. it's a Klick fix bracket on the handlebars then a second hand camera bag with a Klick fix attachment plate.

It's just the right size for a phone, keys and some snacks.
rfryer

Post by rfryer »

LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

For a bag mounting with straps rather than a separate bracket, the Axiom Adirondack seems well liked. Water resistant rather than waterproof, though.
honesty

Post by honesty »

Maybe look at something like a carradice zip roll?
22camels

Post by 22camels »

the standard ortlieb bag is waterproof, the smaller (compact) one isn't quite - ortlieb say so themselves. Horizontal rain penetrates.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

honesty wrote:Maybe look at something like a carradice zip roll?

I tried one of these but found it very awkward to get in to, with its single horizontal zip - I sent it back. I have some arthritis in my thumbs though which didn't help.
webber

Post by webber »

ive just got one of these 3 litres so not to big absolute bargain :D http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/avenir-water ... prod37378/
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

MartinBrice wrote:ortleib is the most expensive. you will probably save twenty quid by going for another brand. this is a decision you will regret for many years. ortleib is bombproof waterproof, well made, lasrs for decades and has brilliant replaceable map cases.

+1 - my 20 year old is still going strong!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
nmnm

Post by nmnm »

Put "handlebar front bag velcro" into ebay and you'll get lots of light bar bag options that attach to the bar with straps. I got one in a french supermarket, £5, 200g, much like this, below, could not be happier with it, to the extent that I sold my Ortlieb. Horses for courses etc.
$(KGrHqN,!qEFIJGzV0uHBSIJeKT1lw--60_12.JPG