Riding around less known Umbria

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
cyclingovereurope

Riding around less known Umbria

Post by cyclingovereurope »

In the middle of Italy, near Tuscany, there is a wonderful region named "the green heart of Italy", a paradise for riders with a lot of intersting cycling itineraries, good food, good nature and wonderful villages. This region has an easy connection through the Perugia's airport with Stansted's airport. You can find some informations here:
http://rideinumbria.blogspot.it

it could be a good idea for next summer!!

[youtube]zDvXmA-gDOk[/youtube]
serbring

Re: Riding around less known Umbria

Post by serbring »

cyclingovereurope wrote:In the middle of Italy, near Tuscany, there is a wonderful region named "the green heart of Italy", a paradise for riders with a lot of intersting cycling itineraries, good food, good nature and wonderful villages. This region has an easy connection through the Perugia's airport with Stansted's airport. You can find some informations here:
http://rideinumbria.blogspot.it

it could be a good idea for next summer!!

[youtube]zDvXmA-gDOk[/youtube]

Hi,

I am from Marche and I live in Emilia Romagna, these regions are neighbouring to Umbria. It's a wonderful regions, a lot of green and bike paths. You should stop by: città di Castello, Orvieto, cascata delle marmore that is one of the highest waterfall of all Europe (165m high), castelluccio di Norcia especially in June for the flowering. In case you will cycle there, let me know I might cycle with you for a couple of days, if you don't mind. :)
Sweep

Re: Riding around less known Umbria

Post by Sweep »

Sounds nice interesting, though i don't reckon the phrase "the green heart of italy" goes back to the renaissance.

A wet friday afternoon in a milan ad agency perhaps.
Sweep