Campsites near Nevers

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
forestboy60

Campsites near Nevers

Post by forestboy60 »

Can anybody help me and recommend a campsite, possibly with contact details near Nevers.
This is my 1st tour and I arrive in Nevers by train at 8pm so would like somewhere near.
Then I am cycling along the Eurovelo 6 to Nantes and then the Eurovelo 1 to Roscoff, the end of June and the start of July.

Hope for some help
Ian
Barrenfluffit

Re: Campsites near Nevers

Post by Barrenfluffit »

I think Camping de Nevers was fine but it was a while ago. On google streetview you can just see a group of cycle tourists departing.

http://www.aquadis-loisirs.com/camping-de-nevers/en/
benvrackie

Post by benvrackie »

The campsite in Nevers is fine. At the riverside and not very far from the station over the bridge and turn left. I recollect that there was an Ibis Hotel nearby where you could go in for a cheap breakfast.
wearwell

Post by wearwell »

We were there last year. Nice site but we were in the sun. Nice town.
Are you aiming to get there on a Sunday?
forestboy60

Post by forestboy60 »

Yes I will be arriving on the evening of Sunday 21st June 8pm by train from Paris.
Ian
Ridgie

Post by Ridgie »

The campsite in Nevers itself is full of, mostly Dutch cyclists who mostly seem to be heading for the med. I would advise you to pitch on the lower slope adjacent to the river where most of the cyclists seem to congregate and where security for you and bike is best. You can swim in the Loire if you're feeling brave.