Long cycle tourers - you feel like you just want to go home?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
ossie

Re: Long cycle tourers - you feel like you just want to go h

Post by ossie »

elioelio wrote:Very late reply here - but thanks for all your replies. I actually got a train home the day after writing that post and haven't been on the forum since. I'm now in a dull job and am now thinking about my next tour! I don't regret coming home, i was feeling pretty down, but very happy now! I just think definitely that 3 months max for me is good. I think now I've also managed to convince my partner to try out cycle touring so maybe I won't be solo next time!

Plan a tour where you fly or get a ferry to your starting point .....ie Santander / Carcassone / Barcelona and then plan a route home....if you feel that your'e missing home comforts you will cycle faster and longer and at least have an objective :D
robing

Re: Long cycle tourers - you feel like you just want to go h

Post by robing »

A run bad luck can do that to you. I've only just started out on a tour but have been plagued by bad luck the most recent of which is food poisoning. Am now at least a week behind schedule.