A few photos from China

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
vinyl_theif

A few photos from China

Post by vinyl_theif »

Here's a few photos from the Chinese section of my present tour.

And here's a couple of stitched panoramic's:

Last edited by vinyl_theif on 23 Apr 2015, 2:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark http://www.wallisonwheels.net England to Singapore
mercalia

Re: A few photos from China

Post by mercalia »

very nice and u are just wandering around China with out any hindrance?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Brilliant blog Mark, much envy!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Great photo's and I love the way they are presented. What did you take them with and what is that frame technique/software/app?
ps. did you tweak the colours?
phil parker

Post by phil parker »

Excellent photos - great tour!
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Nice photos. I loved touring in China, a wonderful place to ride.

A few labels on where the photos are would be useful, China is a large country.
vinyl_theif

Post by vinyl_theif »

mercalia wrote:very nice and u are just wandering around China with out any hindrance?

Sure, it was no different to cycling around any European country, just once we were pestered by the police for ID in one of the Xing Xang cities, apart from that we were left to our own. (I rode the Kashgar to Lanzhou with two Manchester lads)

Sooper8 wrote:Great photo's and I love the way they are presented. What did you take them with and what is that frame technique/software/app?

I use PhotoScape on my Windows XP Asus (a free download) for the border - styles, width, colour, etc can all be customised, it’s a doddle, personally I dislike 90’ sharp edges (so un-natural!) and feel the curves make them more presentable…a bit like a lady! :D I also reduce the file size from ~ 4.5 MByte to about 500 Kbyte.
I never tweak any colours, I’m a bit of a purist in that sense although I do use a polarising lens, just occasionally I’d lighten a photo up if too dark using Google’s Picasa.

simonhill wrote:Nice photos. I loved touring in China, a wonderful place to ride.

I agree but I take so many pictures and as writing a blog-post takes about two days I can’t really warrant any more time at the P.C., so they’re kind-of summarised where they are from what section I’ve wrote about...albeit big sections they may be!!

I’ve recently wrote about Laos with plenty of good photos…at least I hope you’ll agree!

Tomorrow is a big day of my tour…I cross the bridge to SINGAPORE!! :P
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

I'm with you on the sharp edges. Give me a smooth curve any day.
Thanks for info.
phil parker

Post by phil parker »

vinyl_theif wrote:Tomorrow is a big day of my tour…I cross the bridge to SINGAPORE!! :P

I like that area of Singapore (Admiralty/Sembawang) - the zoo is well worth a visit if you get time!
fork_and_spoon

Post by fork_and_spoon »

vinyl_theif wrote:
mercalia wrote:very nice and u are just wandering around China with out any hindrance?

Sure, it was no different to cycling around any European country, just once we were pestered by the police for ID in one of the Xing Xang cities, apart from that we were left to our own. (I rode the Kashgar to Lanzhou with two Manchester lads)

Sooper8 wrote:Great photo's and I love the way they are presented. What did you take them with and what is that frame technique/software/app?

I use PhotoScape on my Windows XP Asus (a free download) for the border - styles, width, colour, etc can all be customised, it’s a doddle, personally I dislike 90’ sharp edges (so un-natural!) and feel the curves make them more presentable…a bit like a lady! :D I also reduce the file size from ~ 4.5 MByte to about 500 Kbyte.
I never tweak any colours, I’m a bit of a purist in that sense although I do use a polarising lens, just occasionally I’d lighten a photo up if too dark using Google’s Picasa.

simonhill wrote:Nice photos. I loved touring in China, a wonderful place to ride.

I agree but I take so many pictures and as writing a blog-post takes about two days I can’t really warrant any more time at the P.C., so they’re kind-of summarised where they are from what section I’ve wrote about...albeit big sections they may be!!

I’ve recently wrote about Laos with plenty of good photos…at least I hope you’ll agree!

Tomorrow is a big day of my tour…I cross the bridge to SINGAPORE!! :P

Welcome to SINGAPORE , as one of them suggested go to the Zoo and the river safari just next door to it . As for local food you can go to our local "coffee shop" and "hawker centre " . Try the chick rice and satay
PhebeM

Post by PhebeM »

They are beautiful photos. Could you share with us your riding route in China?
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

How do we find your blog?
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

I'm guessing his blog is in the link at the bottom of his post.

Edit: No, just tried it and it is the tumblr login!!

Re crossing to Singapore, is it still The Causeway, or have they now built a bridge as well?
vinyl_theif

Post by vinyl_theif »

That's strange, my footer link works okay when I click it, it's at: http://www.wallisonwheels.net ,if the links not working just google wallisonwheels.net

There's a map at the bottom showing the route I've rode. Although arriving in Singapore today I'm a few countries behind in my writing so will continue to publish when I'm back in blighty.

The crossing into Singapore was over what people called the 'causeway' but is basically a low bridge with an adjacent rail line.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Yes, sorry, I posted that the link was probably at bottom of your post, then after posting thought I should check this as it seemed a bit too obvious. In my haste to check, I clicked on the wrong link and then incorectly edited my post!!!! Duuuuugh!

I can confirm it is at the bottom of your post and it works.

Thanks for info about Causeway, it is often talked about as the way to Singapore and I wondered if it was still there.