Front rack Advice

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Jimstar79

Re: Front rack Advice

Post by Jimstar79 »

This site says that the Tubus Swing is for suss forks:

https://www.bikebagshop.com/tubus-front-racks-c-28.html

Other than that I think there is a Surly Nice rack that goes with suss forks, but they are quite expensive, albeit value for money.

Here's a good thread discussing problems fitting the Tara to a suss fork:

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=80050.0

And others seem to be suggesting a Blackburn Low Rider rack as an alternative.

I hope you find what you're looking for - good luck!
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race."
H. G. Wells quotes
RobinS

Post by RobinS »

Update - tried a Tubus Tara lowrider rack, and by using the supplied spacers got it to fit perfectly on the Revolution Country Premier with enough clearance around the disc brakes. Will now order one for the Country Explorer as well as the forks are identical. Could not get a cheap one from Germany in silver though, as they were out of stock at several suppliers, so had to pay a higher UK price.
It does seem to be nice and solid, looks good, and the panniers fit on fine.
Jimstar79

Post by Jimstar79 »

Excellent news, Robin - happy cycling!!
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race."
H. G. Wells quotes
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

Just a note for future readers. The Tubus Swing has been discontinued and I have recently failed to find any remaining stock. :cry:
Apparently they were concerned about legal issues arising from the variety of "bodges" involved in fitting the racks to various designs of suspension forks.
If you need a rack for front suspension have a look at Old Man Mountain racks. Check your bank balance first!
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of the Gorilla cage, Monkii cage or similar Salsa Anything Cage, instead of a conventional pannier rack?
Malaconotus

Post by Malaconotus »

RobinS wrote:The Tubus Tara in the link above looks good - and the right colour! Can anyone confirm it will fit with disc brakes?

Yes, we have fitted the Tubus Tara to the Revolution Country disc fork in the past.