Occasional musings on Greatest Climbs

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Ben@Forest

Occasional musings on Greatest Climbs

Post by Ben@Forest »

Wasn't sure where to post this but it relates to Simon Warren's 'Another 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs'. I've just done the one above (as part of a a 50 mile spin) and for anyone also doing this I thought I'd mention firstly the whole climb has been well-resurfaced and the drain cleaned so water shouldn't course across the road. It's a good time to do it. Also he is right about treating the ford with caution; it is stoned and quite concave, despite just gently free-wheeling through it I nearly wobbled off at the end.

Was there a thread about these climbs? - I thought there was but couldn't find it.
Last edited by Ben@Forest on 8 Sep 2015, 8:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete75

Re: 142 Turf Moor

Post by pete75 »

Turf Moor - and there was me thinking it's a football ground..... :D
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Ben@Forest

Re: Occasional musings on Greatest Climbs

Post by Ben@Forest »

Changed the subject of this thread to suit. I've just spent a couple of days in Shrops knocking off hills. Did four but failed on 134 Asterton Bank. This is at the western end of Longmynd. I failed because I do each climb without stopping but couldn't do this because it's only a 2m strip of tarmac with very few passing places and with cars coming down it's impossible not to stop for them. I could hardly expect them to back up for me.

So I think all I can do is go back and crack up there at 4.30am on a good June morning. Unless someone local has a better suggestion...