The Isle of Wight - One night on the Tennyson Trail

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Farawayvisions

The Isle of Wight - One night on the Tennyson Trail

Post by Farawayvisions »

Valentine’s Day. There was no card, flowers or chocolates. Not even breakfast in bed. Instead, I found myself shovelling porridge down my gob at record speed. Both bikes were packed and ready to roll...

http://wp.me/p3yZa1-1nd

Interactive map of the route we took http://www.farawayvisions.com/isle-of-wight-tennyson-trail-route-map/
yakdiver

Re: The Isle of Wight - One night on the Tennyson Trail

Post by yakdiver »

Some lovely photos there well done
rannochraider

Post by rannochraider »

Nice post and quite inspirational in a world that often challenges our ability to mix domestic happiness with worthwhile micro adventures. Liked it. Thanks.
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Fabulous! I'm off round the IOW in May. Great blog as usual. Only downside is that you've made the waiting harder [emoji6]
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Lovely write up. The Isle of Wight is a great place, tho I could be slightly biased - I live there!
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
Farawayvisions

Post by Farawayvisions »

Heltor Chasca wrote:Fabulous! I'm off round the IOW in May. Great blog as usual. Only downside is that you've made the waiting harder [emoji6]

It'll be worth the wait.

pedalsheep wrote:Lovely write up. The Isle of Wight is a great place, tho I could be slightly biased - I live there!

Lucky you. Wasn't you we met in the woods then?

rannochraider wrote:Nice post and quite inspirational in a world that often challenges our ability to mix domestic happiness with worthwhile micro adventures. Liked it. Thanks.

That's really lovely of you to say, thank you.
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Lucky you. Wasn't you we met in the woods then?

:lol: No I was in Morocco at the time altho not cycling unfortunately. Our paths keep almost crossing - I've been on birdwatching trips with Said whose guesthouse you mentioned in your Morocco blog!
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
Farawayvisions

Post by Farawayvisions »

pedalsheep wrote: No I was in Morocco at the time altho not cycling unfortunately. Our paths keep almost crossing - I've been on birdwatching trips with Said whose guesthouse you mentioned in your Morocco blog!

Incredible! Said, is a great host. Hope you saw some amazing birds. Perhaps we'll cross paths soon.