Santander - London Jul/Aug 2015

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
roclite

Santander - London Jul/Aug 2015

Post by roclite »

Hi,
I am planning a tour from Santander back to London in July/August 2015 and looking for company
on the ride. I have completed two solo rides before in the last 2 years (LEJOG and Irish Republic) and
feel confident enough to stretch my wings (wheels?) across France/Spain. I want to camp and plan
on 60 - 80 miles per day, following a route up the French coast and cut across the Brittany Penninsula
back to Caen, Cherbourg or Calais. I am pretty relaxed about bike touring (hence lack of a definitive
plan) and don't want it to turn into a military operation ;-). Would be great to hear from anyone who
might be thinking about the same tour at the same time.
roclite

Re: Santander - London Jul/Aug 2015

Post by roclite »

Just an up-date to my initial post. I am able to extend dates to include September, probably better since July/August are
key holiday months in France and elsewhere. Campsites not so busy and maybe less tourist road traffic. On my Lejog
Ride, I cycled 1500 miles in 19 days so guess this tour would be similar with more rest days and time for exploring local
areas. Would be great to hear from others who have done similar tour and any must-see places to visit/include :)