On the Go Video editing - Android

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mr mchenry

On the Go Video editing - Android

Post by mr mchenry »

Can anyone recommend a good Android smartphone app for on the go video editing?
InfiniteView

Re: On the Go Video editing - Android

Post by InfiniteView »

My understanding is that you won't find anything nearly as polished as what Apple provides for video editing. A couple of years ago, Google promised that they were working on a video editor for Android, but nothing came of it.

I was using the AndroVid app to trim rubbish off my individual film clips and then the Movie Aid app to splice them together with overlaid music and disolves between the clips. However, I can't get AndroVid to trim the clips any more.

My camera records video in a format that Movie Aid doesn't support, so I have to convert the clips first. I use an app called MediaConverter for that. You can also use MediaConverter to chop unwanted bits off your clips in Advanced Convert mode. So I'm now using MediaConverter to convert video and trim it, and then Movie Aid to render the clips together.

I look forward to hearing any better suggestions.

Thanks,
James
mr mchenry

Re: On the Go Video editing - Android

Post by mr mchenry »

Thanks, - Sounds like my options may be limited.. :-( I'd be using the phone for everything, shooting the video, the edits and the uploads so hoping for something fairly simple, just to trim/splice and maybe overlay a soundtrack.
Phone is one of the the latest and greatest.. Nexus 6 with Android 5 Lollipop. I've just moved from Apple (which I never did video on either) and am surprised there doesn't seem to be more around, or included in the default apps..