On a tandem to Santander with a deaf and blind person

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
johnbull

On a tandem to Santander with a deaf and blind person

Post by johnbull »

Hello -I am off with my daughter to Santandare -Spain -during May -June --camping for 2c weeks -any ideas please -thank you .

Routes -Campsites etc thanks JohnBull
Vorpal

Re: On a tandem to Santander with a deaf and blind person

Post by Vorpal »

There are various threads on the forum about cycling to & from Santander

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=93998&p=865955
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=93185&p=860849
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92987&p=851943

The last has some links to a couple of other threads, as well.

Or you could do a search on the forum for 'santander' and look through the results.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
johnbull

Post by johnbull »

My idea is to do a loop around Santander -for 10 days any good routes -a tandem camping -deaf /blind person on the back .so--------------thanks
BeeKeeper

Post by BeeKeeper »

I have to ask why Santander? There is some demanding cycling there and a lot of traffic which will take your attention away from your daughter. Off the top of my head something like the Nantes/Brest canal would be a lot easier and there is variation in the foliage which will be in bloom at that time of year so lots of scents. Of course the logistics are more difficult getting to and from but the weather will be no different to North Spain.
bikerwaser

Post by bikerwaser »

it's worth taking the ferry over to Somo. they take bike and passenger for only a few Euros. You can make it a circular ride easily in a day coming back the "long" way (which isn't that long)

check out my blog and scroll down to the end for more info and photos on Somo and Santander and areas to the east along the coast.

http://biker-waser.blogspot.co.uk/