Is there a Round Britain route info thread?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
sherokee

Re: Is there a Round Britain route info thread?

Post by sherokee »

Hi Jaydeepee

Have you looked at Josie Dew's book "Slow Coast Home". She cycled round Britain and Wales (not Scotland). There are pen drawings of the route with Towns marked. She also cycle camps so might be useful to you.
gplhl

Is there a Round Britain route info thread?

Post by gplhl »

Psamathe wrote:I would love to do it as well, but I'd want to camp and the wild camping in the UK makes this somewhat impractical.

Why impractical in England, you can still wild camp, you need to find good spots :-)

Jaydeepee, when are you looking to start?

Gary
http://www.longbikeride.co.uk
jaydeepee

Post by jaydeepee »

Possibly this year. I'm not good at organising a definite date but before the children break up for school and I want to do the south coast-LE-Bristol-London leg first. Then I'll start the London- Bristol-Cardiff and Wales leg later. That is as far as my planning has got.No date to start as it depends on a couple of things I need to complete to free up time.
gplhl

Post by gplhl »

I see, I'm Looking at doing it as well.
DarkNewt

Post by DarkNewt »

Hiya,

I leave for my round Britain and Ireland on the 3rd of July, I am happy to share my routes currently for my Garmin but happy to do a gpx conversion if someone wants them.

as per my post if you are interested in joining me for all or some of it let me know, ohh and I am doing round ireland at the same time!

just PM me if you want more info.
Currently planning my next adventure and trying to get over two operations in 6 months but still going strong!
email: newt@systems-engineer.info web: thedarknewt.blogspot.co.uk