Cycle Touring Festival - May 2015 - Lancashire

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Geoff.D

Cycle Touring Festival - May 2015 - Lancashire

Post by Geoff.D »

I came across this whilst browsing. I found it interesting.

http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/cycle- ... -festival/
Geoff.D

Re: Cycle Touring Festival - May 2015 - Lancashire

Post by Geoff.D »

Thanks. I hadn't seen that thread.
smuggers

Post by smuggers »

Unfortunately I cant go & it's only up the road from me.. I know somebody did mention day tickets for this.. Will have a nosey now. :-)
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. --H.G. Wells
DarkNewt

Post by DarkNewt »

Hi,

I have booked a ticket and so has a friend, there's a guy in London meeting up with us as well. Anyone else going?
Currently planning my next adventure and trying to get over two operations in 6 months but still going strong!
email: newt@systems-engineer.info web: thedarknewt.blogspot.co.uk
Fretz54

Post by Fretz54 »

I was very keen on going to this event untill I saw the cost of the tickets. Then thought it was rather expensive. I can camp for arounf £10 per night so £75 seemed a lot of money to me.
DarkNewt

Post by DarkNewt »

Fretz54 wrote:I was very keen on going to this event untill I saw the cost of the tickets. Then thought it was rather expensive. I can camp for arounf £10 per night so £75 seemed a lot of money to me.

it's not cheap but theres food, they have to pay guest speakers and I don't imagine there's thousands of attendees so economies of scale don't kick in! I took the view that it's a fairly rare occurrence and I would really like to see more of this type of event so felt it was worthwhile supporting it and encouraging he organisers. So really a small chance for me to influence getting this type of event up and running, I think it will be informative and fun so worth a go. There's not a lot of people local to me into touring so it would be nice to hear the views of others as well.
Currently planning my next adventure and trying to get over two operations in 6 months but still going strong!
BeeKeeper

Post by BeeKeeper »

Fretz54 wrote:I was very keen on going to this event untill I saw the cost of the tickets. Then thought it was rather expensive. I can camp for arounf £10 per night so £75 seemed a lot of money to me.

The event is now sold out, so I guess the price was not a factor for others.
DarkNewt

Post by DarkNewt »

Sounds good news for future events! I will post back on my views of it.
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

If all sold out, perhaps a bunch of the localish could have a meet up in the vicinity at the same time; miss all the features and events, but get to partake in a drink or few with like mindeds. Some nice pubs in Waddington for example. The Touring Festival Rejects... Outcast outcasts. :wink:

Lots more folk giving talks than last time I looked. Shame really, would've been interested, but by the nature of my job, I couldn't have booked in advance whatever the price, unless of course I was willing to gamble loss of ticket cost.
DarkNewt

Post by DarkNewt »

mrjemm wrote:If all sold out, perhaps a bunch of the localish could have a meet up in the vicinity at the same time; miss all the features and events, but get to partake in a drink or few with like mindeds. Some nice pubs in Waddington for example. The Touring Festival Rejects... Outcast outcasts. :wink:

Lots more folk giving talks than last time I looked. Shame really, would've been interested, but by the nature of my job, I couldn't have booked in advance whatever the price, unless of course I was willing to gamble loss of ticket cost.

If anyone is interested I was thinking of doing an informal get together for a cycle and wild camp? What do you reckon worth posting something? Just pick a meet up point, destination etc..?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

DarkNewt wrote:
mrjemm wrote:If all sold out, perhaps a bunch of the localish could have a meet up in the vicinity at the same time; miss all the features and events, but get to partake in a drink or few with like mindeds. Some nice pubs in Waddington for example. The Touring Festival Rejects... Outcast outcasts. :wink:

If anyone is interested I was thinking of doing an informal get together for a cycle and wild camp? What do you reckon worth posting something? Just pick a meet up point, destination etc..?

go for it. u never know until u ask
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

Indeed, I never know where I'll be far in advance, but could be good.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

+1. YACF regularly organises their own meets. (I am not a member but regularly lurk there.)

For those not wanting to be quite so hard core (e.g. wild camping), there is the Kirkpatrick Macmillan Rally near Dumfries on 22-25 May. It is a lot cheaper than the Lancashire festival, though to be fair it offers different things.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

no where down south - surrey/kent/hants?