Soma bikes

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
molzor

Soma bikes

Post by molzor »

Does anyone have a soma tourer? and is it possible to get them in the uk?

I have just seen this, and im a bit in love http://www.somafab.com/archives/product ... te-bicycle
Spinners

Re: Soma bikes

Post by Spinners »

I've seen the frame for sale on eBay in a variety of sizes. It's quite nice isn't it?

I'm sure Mosquito Bikes in London used to stock Soma.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
Erudin

Post by Erudin »

PH

Post by PH »

I have a SOMA ES, purchased as a frameset from the USA via Ebay a couple of years ago. I can dig out the details if you're interested when I'm at home. Even with the import duties it was considerably cheaper than buying in the UK, though of course it's a long way to send it back for any warranty issues. If you go this route I think you may be lucky at the moment with the exchange rate, also I think import rates for complete bikes are higher than for parts, though I’m not sure where I got that from. There is a UK distributer, who's name escapes me, I'm sure I have the details somewhere.
I've been very happy with the bike in every way except the paint which seems to fall off if you look at it the wrong way, the money saved will easily pay for a decent powder coat.