Avenue Verte GPX route

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Martin123

Avenue Verte GPX route

Post by Martin123 »

Hi All,

I'm helping to guide a charity ride this summer from London to Paris following the Avenue Verte. I've got a copy of the Sustrans Official Guide and I'm surprised that I can't find any reference to a definitive GPX route guide in the publication. Does anyone know of a GPX route which exactly mirrors the Sustrans Guide?

Cheers

Martin
manybikes

Re: Avenue Verte GPX route

Post by manybikes »

The definitive one is the one you make up at home at leisure from the maps in the booklet. That is what I had to do.
Martin123

Post by Martin123 »

Hi Many Bikes,
Yup that's what I'll do. It's a good way to familiarise with the route anyhow. The charity ride will have around 50 riders and about 6 guides, a few of whom may have GPS and the rest the Sustrans guide so it would be good to be following the same route.

Cheers

Martin
Barrenfluffit

Post by Barrenfluffit »

I was surprised to find that in sussex the roads were overhung with trees for such long stretches. The gps couldn't keep up and I'd have to pause for a fix. Different route I'm afraid.
JMaude

Post by JMaude »

There is a gpx route for the English and French sections on Cycle.Travel. I haven't checked whether it matches the Sustrans route but as all the other routes are from the Sustrans range I would suspect that it is. Here is a link to the website:

http://cycle.travel/routes
bobzeller

Post by bobzeller »

Does anyone have an opinion or a comment as to the differences between the Hirsch http://www.donaldhirsch.com/dieppeparis.html London - Paris route and the one on cycle.travel one?

Cheers