Spain now included on 3

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
robing

Spain now included on 3

Post by robing »

Mobile provider 3 have just announced that Spain and New Zealand will be included in their feel at home service, which means you can use your phone there for free. Calls, texts and internet just come off your monthly allowances. Great news for me as I am touring Spain and France this summer. France was added a while back. :D
TrevA

Re: Spain now included on 3

Post by TrevA »

That's good. One of the few benefits of being on the 3 network! I presume it includes the Spanish Islands - Majorca, Tenerife?
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
robing

Post by robing »

Yep the whole of Spain. 3 is a really good network, I don't know why they come in for a lot of bashing. I've been with them 6 years and have found their coverage to be excellent. I get a good signal pretty much everywhere, and have got 3g or hspda where friends on other networks have only got 2g. 4G coverage is a bit limited at the moment, but is being expanded all the time and is no extra charge on 3. Granted the telephone customer support is pretty atrocious, but how else do they keep costs down? They are always helpful in the 3 shops.
22camels

Post by 22camels »

Still seems like it wouldn't help when it comes to making calls to local numbers in the country you are in? Looks like you'd be paying around 50p/min for that on pay as you go. So still better to get a local SIM.
nmnm

Post by nmnm »

22camels wrote:calls to local numbers.. 50p/min for that on pay as you go.

Just call via a service like 18185 - it's 1p a min to Spain and it's a UK landline so 3 will charge 3p a min on top. It''s very easy to use. Smartphone not required.
robing

Post by robing »

22camels wrote:Still seems like it wouldn't help when it comes to making calls to local numbers in the country you are in? Looks like you'd be paying around 50p/min for that on pay as you go. So still better to get a local SIM.

I use Skypeout. Very cheap for making international calls. And as I get unlimited data on 3 I can use it anywhere. But I probably wouldn't need to make that many local calls when I'm in Spain. Occasional accommodation and stuff, but much of that you can do online these days.