Jura, France via Belgium & Luxembourg

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
overthehill2

Jura, France via Belgium & Luxembourg

Post by overthehill2 »

Hi all,
In June/July I'm planning to cycle to the Jura in France & would like to go through Belgium & Luxembourg. Does anyone have any route advice please ? It's my first trip of this kind & I plan to B&B & travel light. Any GPS routes that I could download would be helpful.
Cheers :)
Bogawski

Re: Jura, France via Belgium & Luxembourg

Post by Bogawski »

I stayed in Ghent for a night at Poort Ackere Monasterium which is right in the centre, it gets mixed reviews and is a bit expensive but an interesting experience. Have a good trip.
tim_f

Post by tim_f »

In Belgium and Luxembourg there are lots of cycle routes, best way to find them is to use a route planning site that has open cycle map mapping like Bikeroutetoaster.

Luxembourg tourism has web pages with Luxembourg cycling routes.

A few years ago came down from Amsterdam to Liege and the took RV7 and then turned off on to RV6 towards Luxembourg city via Bastogne and Wiltz. There is a great cycle route that takes you right in to the middle of the city complete with lift to take cyclist up from bottom of city walls to the heart of the city.

There are so many options you can choose, any are like to be good.

Often an idea to study the direction of river flows so you can go along them.
chocjohn9

Post by chocjohn9 »

For Belgium / Lux, there is a long distance cycle route guide here -

http://www.fietsroute.org/Long-Distanceroutes-LF.php