TOURING 2015

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
simonhill

Re: TOURING 2015

Post by simonhill »

Off to Thailand at end of Jan. One month in north, then to Malaysia to renew tourist card. Second month probably down south (in Thai) with a bit of beach.

In Sept probably off to Japan for a second look. Followed by a bit of SE Asia pre Christmas sun, err I mean pedalling.

Might even get the tent out for a short summer tour in the UK if weather OK.
Mistik-ka

Post by Mistik-ka »

ossie wrote::D when your are in Leeds pop down Beeston Hill to Elland Road and the home of Leeds united Football club, one of the most famous Football teams in the country.

Hurrah for civic pride! I knew there would be a reason to visit Beeston.
ankaradan wrote:Don't forget Beeston Tor, in the Peak District.

Been there on foot: beautiful! — as is so much of the Peak District. (With a temperature of -36º C. in Saskatoon this morning anywhere in England seems beautiful to me today :? )

I really appreciate the tips, but I don't want to hi-jack this thread. Give me a little more time to sort out the shape of our route and I'll post a request for advice.
DJF

Post by DJF »

Good Luck, heading there in July for 5 weeks tour.

DJ
Fahradd Manufaktur TX400
shane

Post by shane »

I'm not usually an advocate for jumping on a new bike for a tour, but.

In 2 weeks I''m off to text my new bike on the Southern half of the Trans Andalusia mtb trail in Spain :). Its going to be a toughy, 1500km or so in 3 weeks. Then parking my bike up in Alacante so I can use in on weekends while on a course there from march :D

Now to get back to sewing some new bags together...no pressure 8)