Danube Delta

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
neilob

Danube Delta

Post by neilob »

Anyone been out to the Danube Delta beyond Tulcea?? We made it earlier this year as far as Tulcea but next year we want to repeat some of the ride from Belgrade sticking on the Serbian and Bulgarian side as far as poss then cross into Romania at Calarasi and ride beyond Tulcea out towards Sulina on the Black Sea coast. I'm not sure how far (if all) you can head east from Tulcea on ridable surfaces.
Using a car to take an adult on a three mile journey is the same as using an atomic bomb to kill a canary.
ConRAD

Re: Danube Delta

Post by ConRAD »

neilob wrote:... anyone been out to the Danube Delta beyond Tulcea?? ...

A couple of years ago we arrived to Tulcea as well but we didn't go further.
HOWEVER, I've been investigating quite a lot on the "beyond" possibilities and my conclusion is that for sure you can arrive to Sulina and maybe, Black Sea tides permitting, you have a good chance to get to Sfantu George (that is the South branch of Danube delta).
However if you are planning something like that, please post your query on the "international section of the romanian forum" and for sure you'll get more precise information, here below the link
http://www.ciclism.ro/forums/index.php/forum/143-international/