Belgium and Luxembourg

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
martin113

Belgium and Luxembourg

Post by martin113 »

Now starting to think about next year's tour and putting together some ideas for a trip through Belgium to Luxembourg. As far as Namur or so the routes are fine. After that I would like to do a relaxed tour through the Ardennes taking in some nice small towns, forests, high areas, preferably quiet country routes, in other words the high points and ending up in Luxembourg. Don't particularly want to just do a straight line down to Luxembourg but wiggle about a bit taking time to see the best bits. Has anyone cycled this area and can recommend some routes/ must see places? Routes in gpx format would be especially welcome. Thanks in advance for the help.
promeneur

Re: Belgium and Luxembourg

Post by promeneur »

ravel.wallonie.be/ 

It's in french but maybe usefull
the RAVEL is for cyclist,walker....réseau autonome de voies lentes
scoot

Re: Belgium and Luxembourg

Post by scoot »

Hi Martin,

I have not cycled through Luxemburg but have done lots on my motorbike. If I were going I would definately ride the N27 from Esche sure Sure to Ettelbruck. It will be hilly but follows a river with lots of superb scenery, a castle or two and several riverside campsites, plus it is very quiet with minimal traffic. Probably about 20 miles long and absolutely lovely.

BTW Luxemburg is covered in very nice roads and towns, I visit when I go to the Eiffel and always spend a day in Luxemburg and have lunch at Esch sure Sure.

HTH,

Paul
Two wheels good, 4 wheels bad