Rose (Germany)

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
neil ry

ROSE BIKE'S UK . .

Post by neil ry »

Has anyone used ROSE CYCLE to buy from?
the site looks fine and the prices are decent but has anyone used them?
mercalia

Re: ROSE BIKE'S UK . .

Post by mercalia »

I think is just the UK page for the Rose cycles Germany. I think all goods still come from Germany with the added post costs - but good prices though. Many people here use them. I have done so. Very good. But I wish for small items they would put them in envelopes then in their self assembly boxes as small items can slip thru the cracks
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Yes, I've had a lot from them. Before the credit crunch the prices in euros were about the same as UK prices in pounds, so with an exchange rate of about 0.6 the savings were huge. They have a very good catalogue too, which is printed in English now. Just check you're ordering enough to cover the postage costs.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
neil ry

Post by neil ry »

Thanks guys the tubus racks and brooks saddles seem good price but I haven't checked the postage out as yet.
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

If you are going to be buying from Germany anyway it's worth comparing Rose with it's competitors: Bike24 and Bike Discount (all reputable businesses) and see which is the best priced for the particular items you want. Remember to factor in shipping costs to the UK (between about £4 and £8 depending on the shop).
barrym

Post by barrym »

Never used them but they do have a UK presence down here in Wiltshire. I did speak with them a couple of years back.

Rose UK 14 Kingdom Ave, 
Northacre Ind Park, Westbury, 
Wiltshire, BA13 4EW 
Visitors by appointment only 
--
Cheers
Barry
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Rose bikes I think the minimum postage is £7 - they use a courier. some things in Germany are considerably cheaper than the UK eg BM bottle dynamos eg £24 v £46 here.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

Used them MO several times and been to the amazing store in Germany too.

They have now stopped printing any parts/clothing catalog stating its all on the web site but they are still doing bike catalogs. Pity about that but from experience i know those catalogues are expensive to produce and distribute free.

Not everything is cheap but there are certainly bargains to be had!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

mercalia wrote:Rose bikes I think the minimum postage is £7 - they use a courier.

DHL collects the parcel in Germany then ParcelFarce collect it from Coventry airport.
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

Redvee wrote:
mercalia wrote:Rose bikes I think the minimum postage is £7 - they use a courier.

DHL collects the parcel in Germany then ParcelFarce collect it from Coventry airport.

Depends, they give you a choice of delivery methods when you place your order, Royal Mail, UPS, or DHL, I think.
I placed a couple of orders recently and despite selecting UPS both times, the first one came with DHL and the second one with a combination of DHL and Parcelforce. I emailed to ask why they didn't send them with UPS as I had asked, and they said some things like battery lights, oils, etc. can only be sent by surface transport, hence DHL and Parcelforce.
Anyway, both orders were delivered within three days.
twodogs

Post by twodogs »

Terrible website but I haven't found a German website yet that didn't suck. It's a bit like the whole world domination thing, they get 3/4 of the way there and fall over :roll:
neil ry

Post by neil ry »

I building my ridgeback hybrid up for touring. . most things fishing for on ebay, panniers, crank & rear mech. .
but as for new things the saddle cant be over looked(but thinking of perserverving with my velo saddle for the moment), the rack's also new as the haven't had a hard life.
Thanks once again for you replys
Andyw

Post by Andyw »

Cheapest and best selection of DT Swiss spokes I've found for wheel building. Shipping is as quick as most UK site.
neil ry

Post by neil ry »

wasn't goin to get wheels built yet due to budget,
been quoted by local wheel builder 700c mavic rims, deore hubs, aci spokes,32 hole's £150 seems reasonable
pete75

Post by pete75 »

twodogs wrote:Terrible website but I haven't found a German website yet that didn't suck. It's a bit like the whole world domination thing, they get 3/4 of the way there and fall over :roll:

Yes German websites do seem to expect a modicum of intellect on the part of the user :D
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker