How many bikes on Easyjet flights?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
pk

How many bikes on Easyjet flights?

Post by pk »

a group i ride with are planning a tour of Northern ireland, flying from Gatwick. there will be 15/17 bikes.

Easyjet take bikes, but do they have a limit on the number of bikes they will allow on a single flight?
foxyrider

Re: How many bikes on Easyjet flights?

Post by foxyrider »

i'd give Easyjet a call - i've seen half a dozen on a flight but that number is pushing the boundaries!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

We've had 35 on a flight when they flew out of East Midlands to Majorca. That was in 2012 though. (they no longer fly from East Mids).
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Be best to check with them, we had a group of 11 fly to Mallorca in 2012 and some of the bikes, despite being, booked were left behind and came on the next flight 2 days later, as the hold was full.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Nowadays, a lot of (non-cyclist) passengers don't bother with hold luggage, as they have to pay extra for it. This leaves more room in the hold to carry bikes, etc. Obviously, depends on what time of year you are flying, whether the plane is full and what type of plane it is. Flights to Northern Ireland perhaps don't have such seasonal variations in passenger traffic.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

On a recent easyjet flight from Southend a few passengers had to get off because it was overweight. Apparently it has happened before with easyjet.

The press announcement said they take fuel, luggage and an average for passengers plus weather conditions.

It seems they can overbook weightwise so I agree check with airline. Also if you are all slim ones (carefully avoiding the f word) then maybe weigh yourselves. You could easily be many KGS below the British average.
pk

Post by pk »

SAdly the f word , or at least the OW words, would be appropriate for our group.