Accomodation in Polenca, Majorca

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Aileen Brown

Accomodation in Polenca, Majorca

Post by Aileen Brown »

Can anyone recommend cycling friendly accomodation in Polenca. Safe cycle storage, good showers & WiFi are essential. Self catering or Hotel. Must be within walking distance of the town. Polence Park has been ruled out.
eileithyia

Re: Accomodation in Polenca, Majorca

Post by eileithyia »

Hi aileen how are you keeping, why rule out the Polenca Park? Duva is one place, there is also a hotel right on the corner opp 1919 and the bus station but the name* escapes me at the moment... can let you know in 48 hours time and possibly pick up their contact details, they are open 365 days a year, many of the others are now beginning to close down, as are flights etc. Daina and Azul are other options but again may close as the season progresses. ah ha* .. found it Eolo...

https://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels ... AkI-8P8HAQ
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
iviehoff

Post by iviehoff »

You might have more luck finding stuff if you spell it right. Pollença. The c-cedilla is probably optional in the internet world, but a double l is necessary. It's pronounced po-yen-suh.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

We've always stayed at the Puerto Azul. Around 30 euros pppn for half board. It's up the eastern end of the resort but within easy walking distance of the shops/bars and seafront. It's not open during the winter but opens around mid-March. Plenty of bike storage underneath the hotel. Has showers and Wifi too.

Lots of cyclists stay there, mainly German and Danish but plenty of English too. We'll be there around mid-April next year - there were 35 in our party last year.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
whoof

Post by whoof »

Do you want to stay in Pollensa or Port De Pollensa?
Aileen Brown

Post by Aileen Brown »

Ah yes, Port De Pollensa, rather than Pollensa town. The group is mostly people looking for single rooms. The ideal would be close to the Pollesa Park as I am sure some will insist on staying there as it is cheap if you want their food & don't care about the WiFi & it would be nice to be sociable. Am I asking for the impossible?
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

P. park now owned by fergus, food has improved, wifi has not but it is free, there is free wifi all along the bay courtesy of the local government, word is p. park will be 4 star when it re opens in march.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Aileen Brown

Post by Aileen Brown »

The report from our club group just back from the P Park was that the food was fractionally better but the Wifi worse.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Aileen Brown wrote:The report from our club group just back from the P Park was that the food was fractionally better but the Wifi worse.

Well at least they have stopped charging for it, tonight it has been better than last night, thou currently in the Palms :-( supervising Andrew watching the footie :-( x 2 though Man Utd losing :-) and the wifi is much better, we usually go to 1919 for the wifi.
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

Port de Pollença has free wifi coming out of the lampposts (not joking!) and excellent 4G coverage in the town so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Aileen Brown

Post by Aileen Brown »

OK I'll stop moaning about the WiFi. We used Bruce's (Pro Cycling) across the road earlier this year. Perhaps the lack of good WiFi in the hotel is just telling us to be more sociable & turn off these ....mobiles. Still set on B&B & finding nicer foot to eat elsewhere in a leisurely manner.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Hey we moan about the wifi, if the bars restaurants and now local govt, can provide excellent free wifi, then so should the hotels. It's a no brainer, decent wifi the clients stay in the hotel spending money in the bar. Need to upload the garmins somehow.
As said the food has improved since March, and the hotel is to be upgraded. But you can do bed n breakfast at the PP, just eating out is expensive every night.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

The wifi is variable in quality, after being yesterday, this morning forums such as this and TTF are loading easily, anything with lots of pictures or graphics, ie Facebook or garmin connect won't load properly. Phil reckons there is insufficient bandwidth.