Fancy a trip to Germany next year?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Adyludwig

Fancy a trip to Germany next year?

Post by Adyludwig »

Hi, I'm a sad lonely male cyclist (47 years grey) and am planning a trip to Germany next year- Eurostar to Brussels, then Aachen or Luxembourg to somewhere down Stutgart or Munich way, possibly not that far- maybe 10 days to 2 weeks. Camping and/or cheap hostels. May/June. 50 to 70 miles a day- weather permitting.
Anybody wanna come along? Or anybody know of anywhere grrrreat to visit?- preferably a few nice bierkellers, perhaps....
Cheers Adyludwig.
foxyrider

Re: Fancy a trip to Germany next year?

Post by foxyrider »

What do you want to see? Roman remains, motor museums, historic churches, do you enjoy climbing or prefer river trails?

I did a fortnight this summer in north Baden / Bavaria, visited all of the above and more so tell us what you like doing. :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
scoot

Re: Fancy a trip to Germany next year?

Post by scoot »

Hi,

I have visited Germany quite a lot for tours but on a motorbike :D just come back in fact.

Not far from Luxemburg is the Eifel mountains and then the Mosel valley. There is a looooooong cycle path along the Mosel which is very flat but also there is an Eifel cycle path that goes along the river Kyll from Trier to the Mosel which is a tad more challenging, its about 80 miles and also follows a railway line so you can pick and choose where you ride to and from or stay along the line.

I stay at this place http://www.mueller-kyllburg.de/english/ its biker, bicycle, walker. canooist etc and also cheap at Euro 37 for B&B with secure parking, tools.

It is typical German, rooms small, clean and functional the thing that always gets to me after a couple of days is smoking in the bar which takes me back to the bad old days in UK pubs (for non smokers)

Its about 40 miles from Luxemburg and same again to the Mosel and trier must be similar too.

Hope that helps,

Paul
Two wheels good, 4 wheels bad