My first tour (I didn't make it)

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
ipswichcycler

Re: My first tour (I didn't make it)

Post by ipswichcycler »

I've recently tried a mix a water and Pepsi max after reading that Alastair humphries would sometimes mix them. Sounds like it would be horrible but was nice enough. I use 1.5l squash bottles with regular bottle holders.
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

I'd just like to say that I thought this whole thread made wonderful reading - Dave tries a tour, thinks he's failed (but hasn't), and thanks to all the positive and helpful replies he's trying again. Isn't the internet great at things like this! Just one comment from me, Dave - ditch the Lucozade somehow. Those bottles alone weigh almost as much as everything I took on a 20-day tour I just returned from (admittedly not camping though).
Chris F, Cornwall
PJ520

Post by PJ520 »

A thing that Dave did right, as far as I'm concerned, was going solo. Touring with someone else is a gamble, with the right companion it's delightful but with the wrong 'un it can be like a bad marriage, you end up wondering how you got into it.
You only live once, which is enough if you do it right. - Mae West
theDaveB

Post by theDaveB »

I have edited the first post with a link to the second time I tried it (made it), ditched the lucozade and am only drinking water on rides since doing the tour.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=90133

Dave