Budapest to Black Sea...EV6

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
neilob

Budapest to Black Sea...EV6

Post by neilob »

A group of us are heading off in 10 days to follow Eurovelo 6 from Budapest to Constanta then down to Varna. We've done a fair amount of research re routes, hotels, and road surfaces but nothing beats personal experiences so has anyone ridden this in the last 2-3 years and willing to have a chat? PM me your phone number and when is convenient and I will call. Thanks!
Using a car to take an adult on a three mile journey is the same as using an atomic bomb to kill a canary.
albal1

Re: Budapest to Black Sea...EV6

Post by albal1 »

Hi, Yes I did this route from Atlantic to Black sea earlier this summer, I also rode to Varna from Constanta. I mostly camped with a few rooms thrown in. I do Recommend varnacampsite .com. Run by A British couple in Varna. Pm me for more details. Good luck.
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

Has anyone seen a break down of the mileage for this route by country or between major waypoints? I'd be interested in doing saying Budapest to St Nazaire with the kids at some point. Doubt I'd have enough leave to get them all the way from,Constancia.
albal1

Post by albal1 »

St Nazaire - Mulhouse was 643 miles. Wien - 1335 miles. And to Budapest - 1550 miles. Hope that helps.
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

albal1 wrote:St Nazaire - Mulhouse was 643 miles. Wien - 1335 miles. And to Budapest - 1550 miles. Hope that helps.

Thank you, spot on.