First Tour

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mnichols

Re: First Tour

Post by mnichols »

I don't think anyone that cycles would see this as a failure, but would all see it as part of the learning process. Give yourself credit for going out there and giving it a go.

The only way to never fail is to never try, never push yourself, never challenge yourself and never try anything new. The most successful people that I know fail more than everyone else, but they accept this is part of the process. They learn, as you have done and having learned move on, as you are.

On a personal level, i like to do things with a high chance of failure at the point that I decide to do it, and that I have to up my game to achieve. That way I'm always growing but I sometimes fail. I then try again. I give myself credit for trying rather focus on the outcome

On a pratical note, I once cycled 1000 miles in non stop rain and the Endurra Stealth Jacket kept me dry. Its too warm for summer so when the weather warms up I use a Gore Jacket which is also excellent. That said I've never found a way of keeping my feet dry so I just try to keep them warm, and make sure the water can drain and that they dry quickly