CTC bike bag Bordeaux Airport

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mnichols

CTC bike bag Bordeaux Airport

Post by mnichols »

Hi

Does anyone have experience of flying OUT of Bordeaux Airport with a bike in a CTC bag?

I'm flying easyjet, so according to their website that should be fine, but can't find any info on the Bordeaux Airport website about bags v boxes

I know it should be fine, but some airlines/airports now stipulate boxes only
MrsHJ

Re: CTC bike bag Bordeaux Airport

Post by MrsHJ »

Flying with easyjet you are now in a separate hanger from the main airport that makes it very clear you are in the cheap seats! Advantages though is that it is very compact, it's a small airport and the hangar has it's own baggage collection etc so they could almost wheel the bike from baggage drop off to the plane. My guess is that you will be ok.

Please we warned though of incredibly long queues sometimes, we flew easyjet (no bikes, my husband always bans me from bringing the bike even though I could have knocked off the Portalet last year, sore topic) and the queue went half way down the path outside to the main terminal.
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

Thanks for the heads up on the queues

Have you seen people with CTC Bags at Bordeaux Airport?
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

mnichols wrote:Thanks for the heads up on the queues

Have you seen people with CTC Bags at Bordeaux Airport?

I don't remember any bikes at all (I would generally notice but did have a stroppy 7 year old in tow). I have to say I've never been refused with a ctc bike bag but I do understand that things seem to be changing. Other than last year the previous times I have flown to Bordeaux were for skiing several years ago so they must deal with skis (and surfboards for the fabulous west coast-hope you are going to visit!).

Just read the French section of the airport info and totally silent on the subject of velos, everything about size etc seems to defer to the airlines. I guess you could call them or email them? http://www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/fr/formulaire/contact