rough camping in Germany

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mercalia

rough camping in Germany

Post by mercalia »

rough camping in Germany

it seems like - dont

I met a young German lady this weekend over here following the route she found in romantic honeymoon real life account of a tour dating back to the late C19. When I asked about rough camping in Germany, she advised not to as its illegal. When I asked how they punish you she said the police confiscate all your gear bike and all ...
GoLiteGuru

Re: rough camping in Germany

Post by GoLiteGuru »

Adds to the adventure then! Get a Basha tarp and find some invulnerable spaces to bed down.

When I was doing it in NZ (one of the easiest to I imagine) it was cold, so I was desperate for shelter (before upgrading my gear) going a bit far by bunking down in derelict barns, not so derelict barns, unused holiday home sheds and even a section of an assault course of a school. With the barns, a kiwi told me they would have gone crazy if they found me, yet if I just asked they'd say "no worries". Always best to get locals advice..
cjs

Re: rough camping in Germany

Post by cjs »

Germany loves rules and regulations.... I know several who have 'stealth sleeped' successfully without hassle but of course using plenty of common sense ... here's a handy link which may clarify things a little http://www.donfeidner.de/html/wilderness_camping.html if indeed this may be your intention.
Kind Regards
Chris...