What do you think about this overshoes?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
serbring

What do you think about this overshoes?

Post by serbring »

Hi all, I have found this overshoes for rain:
http://www.amazon.it/VAUDE-COVER-GAITER ... opriscarpe

what do you think? I'm interested in them because I can use them also with normal shoes so they can be useful for daily bike commuting.
foxyrider

Re: What do you think about this overshoes?

Post by foxyrider »

I use something similar from Gore - work very well, never had properly wet shoes when I've used them despite sometimes hours of torrential rain. :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
serbring

Post by serbring »

foxyrider wrote:I use something similar from Gore - work very well, never had properly wet shoes when I've used them despite sometimes hours of torrential rain. :D

thanks they look interesting since they are cheap and you can walk with them, compare to others.
jamesgilbert

Post by jamesgilbert »

I have these overshoes, I can recommend them. Cheap, lightweight, easy to put on with a bit of practice and they do keep your feet dry.
serbring

Post by serbring »

jamesgilbert wrote:I have these overshoes, I can recommend them. Cheap, lightweight, easy to put on with a bit of practice and they do keep your feet dry.

Thanks to all I have just bought them
breakwellmz

Post by breakwellmz »

Hi.

What do you think of these now you have had them a while, how do they come up size wise?

Cheers
AlaninWales

Post by AlaninWales »

Top tip for walking into the office etc after locking/putting away the bike: Reinfoice the fabric that goes under the toes with duck/duct (whatever) tape or similar, before it wears away, that way you can replace the tape periodically instead of having the toes flap.