bike tour companies in europe

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
KEVINDOUGLAS

bike tour companies in europe

Post by KEVINDOUGLAS »

Can anyone recommend a bike tour company for a self guided tour in Europe? probably leaving from prague and going to vienna or similar?
vinyl_theif

Re: bike tour companies in europe

Post by vinyl_theif »

If you're wanting a 'self guided' tour why use a company to arrange it? Cycling in Czech, Slovakia and Austria is relatively simple. A good selection of campsites, guest houses, supermarkets (Lidl, Aldi, Penny Market). If I can be of further assitance I'd be glad to answer your questions, just message me.

Toby's hostel in Prague makes a good, well priced, free unlimited coffee (!!) starting point. :P

mark.
mark http://www.wallisonwheels.net England to Singapore
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

self-guided is easy, why pay someone to do it for you, choose start point, choose end point, draw a line between, look at route options / places you want to visit inbetween, factoring in time available..... if not camping head for smallish towns each night, there's pretty well always somewhere to stay....
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
KEVINDOUGLAS

Post by KEVINDOUGLAS »

For years we have planned our own tours on our own bikes camping and enjoying the places we find on the way but just this once (and a for good reason) I want to use the services of a company to take our luggage from place to place and sort all the accommodation in advance. So if anyone knows of any reputable companies I would like to know of them rather than just going by the adverts.
Thanks
johnonhisbike

Post by johnonhisbike »

I've used this company a couple of times when organising trips for friends. http://www.freedomtreks.co.uk/ - always found them to be reliable and pretty good value (although it is so much more expensive than doing it yourself)
Cheers John