Travel Insurance

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
patpalloon

Travel Insurance

Post by patpalloon »

I've left it a bit late, but can anyone recommend travel insurance for cycle touring in Europe? Trips up to 60 days.
I feel sure that the genius that did this, didn't even feel a thud as he drove by.
TrevA

Re: Travel Insurance

Post by TrevA »

We used Hiscox, both for our trip to Cuba and a recent trip to Fuerteventura. Not the cheapest but they do cover Cycle touring and provide a decent level of cover.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
hufty

Post by hufty »

I use Insure & Go, cycle touring is covered but no Personal Liability whilst touring for some reason. What sort of cover are you after? If it's just medical you're worried about, surely just an EHIC card would do, and I think insurers would expect you to use one whilst in Europe anyway.
Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine
patpalloon

Post by patpalloon »

hufty wrote:I use Insure & Go, cycle touring is covered but no Personal Liability whilst touring for some reason. What sort of cover are you after? If it's just medical you're worried about, surely just an EHIC card would do, and I think insurers would expect you to use one whilst in Europe anyway.

I'd like the bike - value 1k and my belongings to be covered for theft. I have the EHIC. ETA do annual cycle insurance ie covers your bike for theft and also includes cycle touring up to 60 days worldwide or 90 days Europe. Plus includes breakdown cover in the UK.
I feel sure that the genius that did this, didn't even feel a thud as he drove by.
lisap

Post by lisap »

I always use Snowcard. You can select which bits you want to suit your circumstances which I found useful. Following an accident in the US they paid my medical bill without a quibble. The following year I was reinsured for my annual trip with no questions or inflated prices. Would always use them in the future.
patpalloon

Post by patpalloon »

Thanks for the replies. I went for ETA in the end.