Cycle routes in Germany: Radweit

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
ChrisF

Cycle routes in Germany: Radweit

Post by ChrisF »

Has anyone here used the maps available at http://www.radweit.de/index/entrance.html? Radweit is mentioned once elsewhere in this forum, suggesting it is good for city-city routes - but has anyone used them for touring? Are they reliable? They seem to give a huge amount of detail. I'm pondering riding right through Germany from the Netherlands to Austria.
Chris F, Cornwall
foxyrider

Re: Cycle routes in Germany: Radweit

Post by foxyrider »

Not used that i have to say - i use the ADFC maps myself combined with specific route guides if appropriate.

I'll use larger scale stuff very occasionally for forest roads and such but going the wrong way occasionally can be fun - i've seen some great stuff by taking a wrong turn! 8)

You could quite easily do that ride without anything more than a 1/500 000 map of Germany - most routes are well posted and easy to use, or just follow the rivers!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!