Touring in Germany.

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Rainman

Touring in Germany.

Post by Rainman »

I'm touring in Germany this year and cooking on a trangia that I have a gas connection for what type of canisters are available can you get the screw type or the ones you have to pierce,I will be taking a bit of kit that allows you to use the ones you have to pierce pluse best place to buy gas.
jamesgilbert

Re: Touring in Germany.

Post by jamesgilbert »

I can recommend the Adventure Company shop in Heilbronn (I lied on a recent thread on this subject, it was Heilbronn and not Karlsruhe): http://www.adco-hn.de/

This is the only place I needed to buy gas while in Germany, and they stocked the thread-style resealable cartridges. I assume it would be the same in most other outdoors / camping shops in the country.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

I've been touring in Germany for many years and can offer the following advice.

Screw canisters - you can sometimes get these at campsites but i've found the best easily found source to be Karstadt Sport department stores - think John Lewis. The majority will do a good selection of outdoor kit including screw top gas canisters. Stores like Globetrotter also do them.

Pierce top - becoming more difficult to find as they are replaced by CG's different screw top tins. However theres a good chance you can find them at the above places and in the big Garden Centre places (Gartnerie).
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Rainman

Post by Rainman »

Thanks for the info.