Does anyone want to cycle to Poland and Russia?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Ranger Darren

Does anyone want to cycle to Poland and Russia?

Post by Ranger Darren »

I know this is a million to one shot but thought I would ask anyway:
I'm planning on cycling from the Forest of Dean to Kaliningrad which is the closest part of Russia at the end of May. My cycling partner that I was planning this with has unfortunately had to drop out. Therefore I'm looking for a fit cyclist capable of cycling unsupported for 100 miles a day for 12 days. I've cycled solo from Lands end to John o Groats in 10 days before so reasonably confident that I can do the 1200 miles in this time.

I'm currently training like mad and planning the route which should be reasonably flat from Calais onwards. The route goes through North France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Poland and a small part of Russia.

I wont bore you with any more details at this point but if anyone is interested or wants to know more then please let me know.

Thanks

Darren :roll:
Ranger Darren

Re: Does anyone want to cycle to Poland and Russia?

Post by Ranger Darren »

Decided not to actually go into Russia but just up to the border and then fly home from Gdansk in Poland. If anyones interested then let me know.

Darren
stephenjubb

Post by stephenjubb »

12 days, 1200 miles. With kit?

If you do that respect is due, you would indeed be super fit.

It does sound punishing though, so you may find it hard to find someone for that schedule.

Good luck regardless, hope you succeed getting a partner.
Rob12345

Post by Rob12345 »