Corsica it is

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
whoof

Re: Corsica it is

Post by whoof »

We flew to Bastia and did a loop of the Northen Cape which was nice. I also liked Corte, from here the Restonica Gorge is beautiful though can get a little busy at the top end in high season. If you want a rest day and are staying in Corte head up the gorge about 1 -2 km. The river is on your left and there are some wonderful pools which you can swim in. The best ones are where the last place you can access the river before it drops away too far from the road to access. We took a picnic and spent the day here. Liked it so must in the late afternoon I popped back to Corte bought some beers and some more food and had dinner there as well.

There are many other great river swimming opportunities on the island
puy Cascades de Purcaraccia inot google images.
ernycb

Post by ernycb »

My girlfriend would like to join me this summer on a summer cycle tour. The requirements are :
- September
- Preferably an island with hot weather
- Up to 500m cumulative climb per day (ie relatively flat).

I had thought of Corsica, however I see that it is very mountainous.
Those of you that have been… can you confirm that with my requirements I should look elsewhere ? Are coastal roads just as hilly ?

Many thanks
ernycb

Post by ernycb »

By the way Therealsouthstander, appologies if I am hijacking your thread !
Therealsouthstander

Post by Therealsouthstander »

Fantastic advice on here ,thanks for that.Excuse my ignorance but where is the corniche road ?