Aeropress Coffee Maker

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
the snail

Re: Aeropress Coffee Maker

Post by the snail »

This is what we use, cheap, light, compact and makes a nice brew
http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/smart-cafe- ... re-hot-mug
Not as good as a bieletti, but what is?
iviehoff

Post by iviehoff »

Paulatic wrote:Are there different manufacturers of the Aeropress?

No, not legally anyway, and presumably a bit too niche for anyone to have bothered with illegal ripoffs. It's a patented item, and made only by the inventor, who makes only that one thing.

I have access to two of the items, bought at different times. I think he must have changed the fabrication material at some point, because crazing has occurred on the newer one but not the older one, and the material doesn't quite feel the same to the touch.

It does warn you to make sure you remove the plunger from the body after use. I think if you leave the plunger confined in the body for extended periods it can become permanently compressed and hence loose. But if that isn't the reason, Heitor, I think you just got a faulty one.

It's one of those things you appreciate or you don't. For me, it shows off high quality, freshly roasted, single origin coffees very well, and I don't need to occupy my worktop space with a large expensive espresso machine, in addition to the microwave, food processor and bread maker that are already there. We have one in the office, and there's a small minority of us who like to use it.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Mine is quite dark in appearance, I've seen others which appear lighter in colour. Must have missed / forgotten the bit about removing the plunger I leave mine in.
<slapped> [emoji4]
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
iviehoff

Post by iviehoff »

Paulatic wrote:Mine is quite dark in appearance, I've seen others which appear lighter in colour. Must have missed / forgotten the bit about removing the plunger I leave mine in.

It's OK if you leave it pushed right through to the bottom, so that the rubber is not enclosed in the tube of the sleeve. It's if you leave it part way down there can be an issue.