Google Maps Offline, How?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
simonhill

Re: Google Maps Offline, How?

Post by simonhill »

mjr: When you are trying g to work out how to get through a Chinese town Google maps are most often right! Of course they are not perfect, but invaluable if in need.

I have Nokia maps on my phone, they work offline and seem very good, but I have only used in UK and don't take my phone with me on long haul tours. They are not as comprehensive as Google, eg the satellite not complete, but being regularly updated. I don't think they are an option on my Nexus.
andymiller

Post by andymiller »

simonhill wrote:I have Nokia maps on my phone, they work offline and seem very good, but I have only used in UK and don't take my phone with me on long haul tours. They are not as comprehensive as Google, eg the satellite not complete, but being regularly updated. I don't think they are an option on my Nexus.

Might be worth taking your phone? At least as backup.

Oh and a quick Google on 'Nokia maps Android' produced:

https://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia ... mobile-web
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

I normally take a couple of different maps/apps on a couple of different devices as a backup, just in case one runs out of charge or fails. Also, if I'm travelling with someone then we both do the same. Haven't used paper maps for years!