Majorca Road Cycling

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Mark1978

Re: Majorca Road Cycling

Post by Mark1978 »

PS you might be there the same time as me!
Mystical

Post by Mystical »

We have booked for last week in April, and are stopping at Hotel Pollensa Park, bikes are reserved from 24th April for 7 days.
Cant Wait :) :)
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

Mystical wrote: 24th April for 7 days.
Cant Wait :) :)

I depart of the 27th so yep :)
GlasgowAl

Post by GlasgowAl »

Just managed to log back in after some time away.

Sincere apologies to those who gave advice!

Velosport cycle hire were perfect, great service and great bikes for what we needed. Trip was excellent, will do it again as soon as possible...

Puerto Pollensa was an ideal base and we loved easier routes along the coast and some trips to Cap de Formentor...

Day ride to Sa Calobra and back the best day I've ever had on the bike - truly amazing, great challenge and a fantastic life experience.

Again, apologies for not thanking you for the advice before now.

Mallorca is just the best place to visit for cycling.

Thanks,

Alan
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

GlasgowAl wrote:Just managed to log back in after some time away.

Sincere apologies to those who gave advice!

Velosport cycle hire were perfect, great service and great bikes for what we needed. Trip was excellent, will do it again as soon as possible...

Puerto Pollensa was an ideal base and we loved easier routes along the coast and some trips to Cap de Formentor...

Day ride to Sa Calobra and back the best day I've ever had on the bike - truly amazing, great challenge and a fantastic life experience.

Again, apologies for not thanking you for the advice before now.

Mallorca is just the best place to visit for cycling.

Thanks,

Alan

Glad you enjoyed it and glad you well looked after by Velosport....
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

Have to disagree with the general notion that drivers in Mallorca are the best behaved. Indeed I had about the same amount or perhaps more close passes than I would on an equivalent ride in the UK. Including one guy who sounded his horn and gesticulated at me when I was doing nothing more interesting than riding along in a straight line.

It may be that in the mountains and coast it's better but stray inland and it's like being back home.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Well like anywhere there are always good and bad, and there is an occasional idiot driver even on Mallorca, but in general the standard is far higher with far less close passes and gesticulating motorists than I would have on my average commute. Sorry to hear of your experience.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
wirral_cyclist

Post by wirral_cyclist »

Mark1978 wrote:Have to disagree with the general notion that drivers in Mallorca are the best behaved. Indeed I had about the same amount or perhaps more close passes than I would on an equivalent ride in the UK. Including one guy who sounded his horn and gesticulated at me when I was doing nothing more interesting than riding along in a straight line.

It may be that in the mountains and coast it's better but stray inland and it's like being back home.

Brits in a hire car methinks - latest one probably thought you were on wrong side of road...
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

wirral_cyclist wrote:
Brits in a hire car methinks - latest one probably thought you were on wrong side of road...

Wouldn't say so, it was a guy in an open top Merc and he looked Spanish to me. Definitely not hire cars.