Narbonne area.

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
chalky

Narbonne area.

Post by chalky »

Does anyone know of a cyclist friendly place within 15 - 20 miles of Narbonne. We are planning going on the Bike bus and would like a place to stay for say a week and to go out every day from there, and then possibly moving on to a different place for the second week.
My wife is not now a strong cyclist so we are not going to move on every day this year we have done previously. We have already stayed at Les Volets Bleus. We would prefer a place that does breakfast and evening meal.
nirakaro

Re: Narbonne area.

Post by nirakaro »

I did a similar trip last summer, cycling maybe 20-25 miles every two or three days. We stayed in Capestang (excellent food, can’t recommend accommodation as we camped), Homps (Domaine Val Auclair, delightful B&B, delightful hostess, restaurants within 100 yards), Lezignan (bit of a dump), Lagrasse (pleasant town, we stayed in a nice if basic self-catering hostel run by a Scottish lass. Forget the name).
The bike bus was 28 hours to Narbonne (from Leeds) in a pretty cramped seat. Certainly convenient, but exhausting. If I was using it again, I’d choose a closer destination!
chalky

Re: Narbonne area.

Post by chalky »

Thank you for that. We have travelled on the Bike bus on numerous occasions and know the pitfalls. We do feel it is one way of getting the bikes to the south of France without too much hassle though. The last few journeys we have stayed at the Hotel in Roses which does suit us both, but thought we would like a change this year.