the Janapar Grant - for adventurous young cyclists

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Farawayvisions

the Janapar Grant - for adventurous young cyclists

Post by Farawayvisions »

The Janapar Grant will provide equipment and mentoring for a young person to set out into the world on a bike.

How often have you dreamed about travelling the world by by bike?

If only I had a decent bike…

People wouldn’t understand why…

What would I tell my friends and family?

I’m not sure I’d be fit enough…

People put off having an adventure for many reasons, but a new grant aims to get young people exploring the world by bicycle.
http://www.farawayvisions.com/janapar-grant-adventurous-young-cyclists/
Bigdummysteve

Re: the Janapar Grant - for adventurous young cyclists

Post by Bigdummysteve »

A Message From The Founder, Tom Allen

The Janapar Grant
@tom_r_allen@tom_r_allenTom's Bike Trip
‘Janapar’ is the Armenian word for ‘journey’ or ‘road’, and the title of my first book and film, which tell the story of my own three-and-a-half-year adventure around the world by bicycle, which I began at the age of 23.
The journey changed my life immeasurably and in ways I could never have imagined. On returning from it, I spoke with dozens of others who’d been on similar rides as young adults, and a common theme emerged – regardless of the differences between these trips, the outcome of them all had been a new perspective on the world, a maturing of character as a result of the challenges overcome, and a heightened appreciation of what’s possible in life.
I’m well aware of the hurdles young people face when dreaming of such an adventure, though – inexperience, fear of the unknown, and a lack of resources to get to the starting line. The Janapar Grant addresses these obstacles directly. Earning the money to make your journey is the easy part – bicycle travel is one of the cheapest ways there is to see the world.
There’s only one grant available each year, so be true to yourself and don’t be afraid go the extra mile to make your application stand out. We’re looking forward to receiving it. Good luck!

Nice one Tom! Wish I was still young enough, I traveled around Europe in my early 20's the perfect age. No fear and so many possibilities.
Sooper8

Re: the Janapar Grant - for adventurous young cyclists

Post by Sooper8 »

This is the kind of fund I would set up if I came into a large sum of money. Great stuff.

I'm just a little too old to apply though.... :cry: