Pump Recommendations

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Heltor Chasca

Pump Recommendations

Post by Heltor Chasca »

mnichols wrote:anyone found a way of keeping the pump protected on the bike? Cling Film maybe?

[emoji23] Or similarly shaped, stretchable, item? Can't think what [emoji535]
Des49

Re: Pump Recommendations

Post by Des49 »

I use the Topeak Mini Morph on the bike and it is a good pump. But it can take over 250 strokes to inflate a 25mm road tyre to full pressure! If a long way from home I now take 2 pumps, I did have what appeared to be a nice, solid Bontranger pump crack on me, luckily only 5 miles from home so walkable.

Regarding sealing on the bike I use a ring of old inner tube around the head of the Topeak, it helps but in a real wet long ride water still seems to find it's way into the pump when frame mounted.

Tempted to try a Lezyne pump for the bike, I have one of their track pumps for the shed and it is very nice indeed, though the chuck is slow to fit and as already mentioned can unscrew some valves.
Erudin

Post by Erudin »

This pump is £5 excluding postage if bought between 6pm-7pm (edit: price back to £8 now):

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOCOINSO/cordo-inspire-solano-mini-floor-pump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk6v-NYC5GY
Attachments
TOCOINSO_P1.jpg
Last edited by Erudin on 12 Feb 2016, 1:22am, edited 2 times in total.
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

[quote="Erudin"]This pump is £5 excluding postage if bought between 6pm-7pm:

I've ordered two!
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

Heltor Chasca wrote:
mnichols wrote:anyone found a way of keeping the pump protected on the bike? Cling Film maybe?

That gave me an idea, I've made a sheath out an old innertube. I cut it to just a bit longer than the pump and sealed one end with pucture repair cement,put the pump in the sheath and attached to the bike - now it's nice and protected from the winter elements. I'll probably take it off in summer as it looks a bit naff, but will keep it safe in the winter
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

mnichols wrote:
Heltor Chasca wrote:

That gave me an idea, I've made a sheath out an old innertube. I cut it to just a bit longer than the pump and sealed one end with pucture repair cement,put the pump in the sheath and attached to the bike - now it's nice and protected from the winter elements. I'll probably take it off in summer as it looks a bit naff, but will keep it safe in the winter

Napoleon would be proud. Good work...b