Rhine mini-tour - What have I missed?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
F70100

Re: Rhine mini-tour - What have I missed?

Post by F70100 »

iandriver wrote:Forgetting the UK to euro plug adaptor might put her off for a year or ten :?

You say that, but the battery on the tank has an eco range of 120 miles (we've tested it) and that's about the total distance we're planning! In any case, the intention is to try and get her interested, not to put her off!!

Vorpal wrote:Oh, and it may be worth asking your starting hotel about parking. You may be able to leave your car there, rather than at the airport, especially if you arrange to stay there on both ends of the cycling trip.

That's a good idea. We might use a hotel that I stay at with work but I'm not sure if I'm too keen; I'm supposed to be going on holiday... I'm going there in a couple of weeks so might see if the manager will do a "Managers Special Rate". It's a corporate chain style hotel though so not sure if he/she will bite. Don't ask, don't get :)

We fancy starting from Cologne partly because I go with work every so often and should be able to sort out a good deal, and because of the shortish distance from home - easily doable in a day.
foxyrider

Re: Rhine mini-tour - What have I missed?

Post by foxyrider »

F70100 wrote:
We fancy starting from Cologne partly because I go with work every so often and should be able to sort out a good deal, and because of the shortish distance from home - easily doable in a day.

But so is Bonn! You could got to Bonn and caych the tram/train to Koln for a day and not worry about bikes/car while you sightsee and you miss the nastiest bit of riding on your route - its a win win!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!