Tandem tires?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
shane

Tandem tires?

Post by shane »

So, with the new addition to the stable having pretty square tires that need replacing....

ImageAvaghon tandem (2nd hand) by Shane Cycles, on Flickr

I'm taking tips for the most suitable 28" tires for touring mainly (dare I say it...) on road. The frame has room for 47-622, the front fork slighty more....

Comfort and not fixing punctures in the rain go above weight and price for this little project :oops:

Thanks in advance for opinions based on experience rather than.....
jardine

Re: Tandem tires?

Post by jardine »

Some good first hand experiences here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=100074&hilit=tandem+tyres#p934734
granville2

Post by granville2 »

Planet X are selling off Schwalbe Marathon Dureme Tandem tyres, you need to follow the link below, their search or stock systems do not find them.
Duremes are highly rated durable touring tyres, I have a pair of the lighter standard version on my Thorn Nomad, they have done 5000 miles mostly with a heavy camping set up and are still going strong without a single puncture. I have bought some of the 26X2 inch ones for our tandem, (this size is no longer available).

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYSCMDT/schwalbe-marathon-dureme-evo-folding-tyre
shane

Post by shane »

Thanks
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

When we had a Thorn Me-n-U2 triplet I ran it (like most of my bikes) on standard Marathons. I keep coming back to them because they've always done well for me (touring 'bent, Brompton, 8-Freight cargo bike, plus the triplet).

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
Bonefish Blues

Post by Bonefish Blues »

granville2 wrote:Planet X are selling off Schwalbe Marathon Dureme Tandem tyres, you need to follow the link below, their search or stock systems do not find them.
Duremes are highly rated durable touring tyres, I have a pair of the lighter standard version on my Thorn Nomad, they have done 5000 miles mostly with a heavy camping set up and are still going strong without a single puncture. I have bought some of the 26X2 inch ones for our tandem, (this size is no longer available).

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYSCMDT/schwalbe-marathon-dureme-evo-folding-tyre

I have a set of them to put on ours - serious pieces of kit indeed!