Travel insurance, over 30 days.

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Phil66

Travel insurance, over 30 days.

Post by Phil66 »

Hi all,

Has anybody got any good recommendations for travel insurance. I need it to cover me for 120 days in South East Asia. Had a good quote from Boots, but then when you look into the cover its a bit on the sparse side, really didn't cover you for much at all. I'd be interested in where others get their cover from.

Cheers folks.
LollyKat

Re: Travel insurance, over 30 days.

Post by LollyKat »

I always use Holidaysafe and think they are good value - you can choose various levels of cover.

However please note that I have only visited EU countries, for fewer than 30 days, and have never had to make a claim -- so they may be complete rubbish! My main reason for choosing them is that they don't charge extra for cycle touring.
pwa

Post by pwa »

Also, take a look at Tesco. They cover you if you are injured travelling, including cycling.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

You must check that you are specifically covered for cycle touring. Many policies allow cycling, but have something in small print excluding anything done as a main activity. Eg you can go diving, but not covered for an exclusively diving holiday.

I use insureandgo who give as many 90 days as you like and include cycle touring, but not 3rd party when cycling, I get that from CTC membership. think you can get one off longer periods.

Do a search on this forum as discussed often with lots of suggestions.
pwa

Post by pwa »

simonhill wrote:You must check that you are specifically covered for cycle touring. Many policies allow cycling, but have something in small print excluding anything done as a main activity. Eg you can go diving, but not covered for an exclusively diving holiday.

I use insureandgo who give as many 90 days as you like and include cycle touring, but not 3rd party when cycling, I get that from CTC membership. think you can get one off longer periods.

Do a search on this forum as discussed often with lots of suggestions.

I had a close look at the Tesco option with this in mind, and it clearly states that cycling is covered if it is for transport. I would check it again if I were planning to go off-road.