Wet Wipes

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
syklist

Re: Wet Wipes

Post by syklist »

Elizabeth_S wrote:You can get paper-base wipes which are eco-friendly, or as eco-friendly as they can be.

Any suggestions for a baby friendly version? The first three brands I found all contained a couple of ingredients that are not recommended for baby wipes here in Norway.
So long and thanks for all the fish...
Elizabeth_S

Post by Elizabeth_S »

I don't know what is not advised in Norway, parabens and SLS I guess, look on Ethical Superstore, they have a few makes. (My babies are now 6ft 2 and 6ft 6, and one of them is dating a Norwegian girl, so I'm learning Norwegian with him, very slowly.)
Bigdummysteve

Post by Bigdummysteve »

I do carry wet wipes for emergency washing but for any open air.....'performances' I just use Normal toilet paper and burn it as it takes a long time to degrade, obviously a trowel comes in handy as well. Normal washing is with a small microfibre cloth and collapsible bowl and a small amount of bio degradable soap.
Any wet wipes used can be taken away and binned,please don't flush or cover them with soil, with a Little forward planning they can mostly be avoided.
syklist

Post by syklist »

Elizabeth_S wrote:I don't know what is not advised in Norway, parabens and SLS I guess, look on Ethical Superstore, they have a few makes. (My babies are now 6ft 2 and 6ft 6, and one of them is dating a Norwegian girl, so I'm learning Norwegian with him, very slowly.)

Here they don't like phenoxyethanol, benzylalkohol. We use, by accident, one of the test winners. You can read the article here if you want, good practice for your Norwegian. :)

Norwegian is easy to pick up if you have some German or Dutch. Many Norwegian words are to be found in Northern or Scots English. I am sure you have come across "barn" and "fjell" by now, "tjarn" (tarn) and "leik" (lek) spring to mind.
So long and thanks for all the fish...
glasgowjim

Post by glasgowjim »

Very true , absolutely fascinating how broad scots is similar in vocabulary to the scandinavian languages eg

twa bairns => two barn hoose => huis glesshoose => glarhuis oot => ut they are homophones :D to name a few

braw => braw :lol: